Abortion procedures and costs depend on how far along you are. Prices also vary by provider.
Listed below are the medical and surgical abortion procedures:
- Plan B – can be taken up to 72 hours after intercourse
- RU 486 – also known as the abortion pill
Surgical Abortion Procedures:
- Suction (Manual) Aspiration – up to 7 weeks
- Vacuum (Machine) Aspiration – up to 12 weeks
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C) – 12-15 weeks
- Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) – 15-21 weeks
As with all medical procedures, there are health risks associated with abortion.
don’t skip the std tests
When considering abortion as an option for your unplanned pregnancy, you need to know if you have any sexually transmitted diseases. If an STD test comes back positive, you will need treatment to avoid possible health problems.
Many abortion clinics will not test and treat for STDs prior to performing an abortion. Diseases, such as Gonorrhea or Chlamydia, if not detected and treated prior to an abortion, can increase your risk of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease by 25%.
Willowbrook Women’s Center tests for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Make an Appointment to talk with a licensed medical professional and be tested prior to making any decisions. We are here to equip you to make the decision that is best for you.